Monday, September 16, 2013

"Without CINI, higher education would have remained a unfulfilled dream" - Afroza Khatoon


Education never finds importance in low socio-economic families like ours. But the scenario of my family is somewhat different. My parents have always encouraged us in academics. My father is employed in a small factory. He struggles hard  to make sure that I along with my two brothers acquire basic literacy. My brothers are now in Class I and IV.  

But as we reached higher classes, the cost of education became higher. It was difficult for my father to support our education. Even though he provided the school fees, affording tuition was beyond the family’s reach. Tutions for us was important as there was no one at home who could guide us or help us with our studies. We were about to put an end to our studies when a teacher of my school asked us to contact CINI for their support. The next few years went smoothly.With adequate help from the CINI learning center I could pursue my higher studies. Whatever I am today I would like to contribute my success to CINI.

Everything went smoothly till my Class X (Madhyamik) Examination. After that ,  my parents were not keen to continue my education. This is because higher studies would require higher amount of investment. Even they felt educating a girl beyond Class X is a wastage of money.

 Fearing that I wont be able to study further I resorted to crying and begged them to change their minds. Teachers from CINI Learning center also came and convinced them to allow me to continue with my studies. For now, they have agreed. However, they have said that I need to put a stop to my academic dreams after I complete my Class XII exams. I know well that my journey ahead is tough but I am ready to face its challenges. If my father refuses to finance my education after Higher Secondary, I would start coaching little children to bear my own expenses. This way I can solve my problems. And I know, CINI would be there to guide me through as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment